2017年7月14日星期五

Nike Plus does succeed in getting me out for any run

Apple and Nike have partnered to produce this ingenious little device that will make runners in the people. Everyone wants to run, but very few people do -- including me. It's not without flaws, but Nike Plus does what it should.
It makes you take.
I've attempted to be a runner. Many times. But for some reason it's never really tied to me. Or rather, I've never really stuck with running. And it's not too I'm not athletic either. I was raised playing nearly every sport there is - basketball, baseball, ice hockey, soccer, you name it... I love sports. However i could never enter into running. For me, it certainly is the scoring which makes it fun. The fact that there's a winner and a loser; the fact that I played better than I did yesterday; the fact that I scored 20 points this time.

It isn't that the fun is based mercurial pas cher on the numbers, but rather within the feeling of accomplishment whenever you reach a quantitative goal. I never got that feeling after i went running. I possibly could have always bought a pedometer I suppose, but for some reason I just never did.
Not until just recently, that's. I saw an advert for that Nike Plus Sports Kit, which is essentially an add-on for the iPod. It collects your running data from a tiny sensor that you simply devote your shoe. After your run, you plug in your iPod to your computer, and also the data uploads to your account on the Nike Plus website. You can view graphs illustrating just how far you ran, or which part of your run you were the quickest, or when you slowed down. You can see your previous outings, and plan future runs too. If you input your long term goal (i.e. you may wish to eventually operate a marathon distance), Nike Plus will suggest a running schedule which will slowly build in difficulty until you reach that goal.

Additionally you may also get feedback during your run too, by pressing on the center button at any given time. The system will tell you (in a male or female voice, depending on your preference) what lengths and how long you've run to date. Upon completing your workout, Nike Plus may also tell you that you've operate a personal best for a particular distance. This really is among the features which makes the system addictive, because even if you run just for a mile you can still keep pushing yourself to beat your very best here we are at that distance. Whether your ultimate goal is speed or distance can be you.

Now, the Nike Plus Sports kit costs $29, and that is only the shoe sensor and the iPod receiver. Of course you will need to own an iPod Nano or Touch to begin with. There are more accessories you can purchase if you're really hardcore, such as the arm-band or the Nike Plus compatible shoes, but these are not essential. It's my job to just hold my iPod in my hand when i run, with my thumb near the center button to ensure that I'm able to trigger frequent updates as to how I'm doing. As i did purchase the Nike Plus shoes, these are by no means a must. A normal set of sneakers are just as good should you figure out some way to connect the sensor somewhere in your regular kicks. I suggest some type of DIY vel-cro improvisation, or possibly cutting a hole in a Dr. Scholls insert.
Sensor Life of the battery: The large drawback is the fact that when your sensor's battery dies, you have to purchase a new one. I hear that the average hypervenom pas cher lifespan is approximately 1000 runs, which isn't all that bad. If you like the system enough to obtain much use out of it, you likely won't mind dishing out for a new sensor either.
Finalizing Workout Data Might be Easier: After your run you need to press recption menus button and then scroll the clickwheel right down to the finish Workout option. This is often tough if you are bent over and huffing and puffing in exhaustion, with little to no treatments for your fingers! (Maybe I want more conditioning!) But seriously, there's nothing as frustrating as pushing yourself on a long run, only to lose your computer data by accidentally clicking the wrong button upon your return. I think Menu, then hold center button will be a better method to end your workout.
Despite these few drawbacks, the Nike Plus hypervenom pas cher system very well might be one of the best gadget purchases you may ever make. Software and games and computers are all well and good, however your health is one thing that should come before all of those. I've had that sentiment in the back of my thoughts for the past couple of years, but rarely have I ever been moved to find a solution.
Although it hasn't turned me right into a marathon runner by any stretch of the imagination, the Nike Plus does succeed in getting me out for any run at least 3 times per week. And that is definitely money well spent.




没有评论:

发表评论