2017年9月11日星期一

Sometimes it's important to set boundaries

There's a wonderful country song chaussure de foot nike that Johnny Cash fans knows. It's called The Gambler and I've found its message to become profound in relationship to parenting and, in fact, life.
 You gotta know when you should hold 'em
 Know when to fold 'em
 Know when to walk away
 Know when you should run
 This will visit reveal that there are lots of matters in life we are able to study from, particularly if we're paying attention, and 'us parents' will sometimes snatch at any straw of inspiration to feel we're doing OK in our parenting decision.
 This song's philosophy has been with me in relationship to raising kids. My daughter is just 8 and she or he is eager for a set of shoes.
 Not only ANY shoes but tottering, glittering, glamorous diamante studded stiletto shoes. It has arrived at her attention, and therefore mine, that her not too dainty foot can now squeeze into a very dainty size 5 adult lady shoe.
 The planet is her oyster. Approximately she thinks!
 This is when my mummy beliefs, values and ideals start working. How can you explain to an eight year old that she's too young of these gorgeous delicacies? She'd seem like a miniature tart on stilts (no offence ladies' she is 8!!)
 So we're 'browsing' using the underlying tone of quiet desperation. You can work out whether I'm referring to me, or her, there. I'm quietly muttering 'Too high, no, too high' and she's beseechingly saying 'I understand what you're going to say mum, but'', 'oh see this one'.', 'it's not so high as that one''
 I'm beginning to waver as we move between stores with my child holding me in innocent enjoyment of the day out alone with her mummy. She exclaims with such heartfelt, beseeching sincerity; 'High heeled footwear is my life!' Sigh.
 A valuable and sympathetic shop assistant smiles broadly and says we should have a special day coming up. 'Yes, we do' I answer, 'feeling wonderful about ourselves'.
 We discover the perfect court shoe having a girlish bow, the perfect height, diamante trim and a perfect fit. We're both distracted by as soon as until I recognize the shoe is $110!
 I just can't do this with this growing foot along with a little soul who'll love her shoes enough to put on them through thick and thin (grass, rocks and dirt probably that's). I have to say no to a crest fallen little girl who implores me to put it on my small charge card.
 Suddenly that first pair we had four shops ago, that I dismissed while barely looking at them, seem a genuine option. My daughter crampon mercurial has remembered them through the whole journey as i was getting my head around the whole concept.
 Time is drained in the day and that we retrace our steps right back to where we started. My head is beginning to catch up with the message on my small heart;
 You gotta know when you should hold them
 Know when you should fold them
 Know when to walk away
 Know when you should run
 With regards to parenting:
 Sometimes it's important to set boundaries, limits, restrictions and rules. Sometimes I need to bend using the wind, give in a little, realize I'm enforcing my value levels in everyday life on my small children; perhaps unnecessarily. Sometimes the argument is just not worth winning. Being graceful and bowing out is usually the best outcome for both my child and myself. And sometimes chaussure de foot mercurial I'm coping with my passionate little daughter and I'd best know when I'm plain beat!

 Like Cinderella she slips the delicate little lady shoes on her feet and smiles hopefully as I kneel to buckle the tiny straps. They're perfect! Why didn't it an hour or so before?
 Don't sweat the small stuff, I tell myself silently. There'll be time enough for counting once the dealings done.

没有评论:

发表评论